2008-07-23

Morning Meditation - This is what matters

Met an old guy today. He was really cute, cute in the way that people are when they are really old and still sharp in the mind, but not taking themselves too seriously any more.

Anyway, he motioned for me to sit next to him. He put his arm around me, and we sat companionably quite, watching the leaves on the cottonwood tree, listening to them dance in the wind.

He said, "This is what matters. Do it more often."

And I thought about how I tend to rush through my day. Yes, I take time to meditate, and yes, I say "hello" to the sun - I even do spend more time outside enjoying the outside. But even when I'm doing all that, it's like my mind is racing. I'm thinking about this and planning that and going to do this and say that. It's no wonder that I keep pulling up that boy who is not too happily waiting for the snake racer's return.

I'm not really settled and still ever. I don't allow myself to feel comforted and loved very often either. Interesting!

Amber Canyon

~what's this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the over abundance of comment spam - and also the fact that this blog was temporarily redirected with some kind of wierd java scripting - all comments are moderated and it may take me a while to go through them. Sorry about that.