2008-07-07

Morning Meditation - Smudging

I met Long Knife today, a cool dude with a big eagle feather thingy. He immediately started smudging me, (which felt really good by the way), and he said, "Whenever you begin something it's best to smudge first."

And I thought about my new plan for a daily routine - it felt good to think that this was a kind of "blessing" for it.

Then I had a fleeting thought, wondering if this meant I should smudge at the beginning of each day. And he said, "No, when you begin something sacred, when you begin a journey, or something big, then you smudge."

So, I did. I smudged myself, and then I smudged my house. And it was good.

Amber Canyon

~what's this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the over abundance of comment spam - and also the fact that this blog was temporarily redirected with some kind of wierd java scripting - all comments are moderated and it may take me a while to go through them. Sorry about that.