2008-05-17

An Appointment With The Teacher



Edward S Curtis

I opened it up and flipped through the pages, and stopped, riveted by the image of this most amazing person. He looked right into me. I could hear... yes, really... I could hear him chanting Lakota prayers... almost I could smell the sage... and the warm red earth... the feathers and the skins and the people around me... almost.

It was like a revelation. Here was my teacher... here were my teachers... I would take that book home, and every day as part of my morning meditation, I would open the book at random, meet with my teacher, and listen, and learn...

... I am so sorry, but this post has been moved to my new website, Feathers and Bones, hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com, and can be found in its entirety here: An Appointment With The Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the over abundance of comment spam - and also the fact that this blog was temporarily redirected with some kind of wierd java scripting - all comments are moderated and it may take me a while to go through them. Sorry about that.