2008-05-27

Morning Meditation - Digging for Abalone

I visited today with a clam digger. Her clothes were made from bark, and I wondered if they were comfortable, but I didn't ask. The weather was cool and clear, the water like glass reflecting the sky and the tree line. She was digging for abalone. We sat in companionable silence for a while, and then she said:

"Whatever the task or the chore.
You can enjoy doing it."

And I was thinking, well, yeah sure... if the place you're working in looks and feels like this! But then, I put that thought aside and decided that as I went about my day maybe I really could enjoy my tasks and chores. And it was true.

Amber Canyon

~what's this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the over abundance of comment spam - and also the fact that this blog was temporarily redirected with some kind of wierd java scripting - all comments are moderated and it may take me a while to go through them. Sorry about that.