2008-06-09

Morning Meditation - Spear Fishing

Found myself watching a spear fisherman. He wanted me to be very quiet and still. Explaining that as the mud in the water cleared the fish could be seen resting at the bottom.

So I sat very still, but my mind was as restless as the leaves on the cottonwood tree outside my window. And it occurred to me that too much sugar, too many too late nights on the computer were acting to cause sludge and turbulence, making it hard to see what I am looking at.

Patience is needed. And stillness. Quiet persistence. Focus.

Amber Canyon

~what's this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the over abundance of comment spam - and also the fact that this blog was temporarily redirected with some kind of wierd java scripting - all comments are moderated and it may take me a while to go through them. Sorry about that.